Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thanks for following my blog

Hi from Ghana.  It's been a very busy work week and thus I've not had time to prepare many blogs to post but I did want to reach out and say thank you to everyone who's been tracking me on this adventure.  To date my blog has received over 490 viewings with most being from Canada and the US, a few from Asia Pacific and EU  (likely my team mates) and some friends in Argentina.  I do however have someone from Russia following me but I can't for the life of me figure out who that might be. :-)

Your best wishes, comments and hugs & kisses (from Em & Liv) help me feel connected to home.  If there is anything you'd like to know about this visit, about Ghanaian life (e.g., curious about food, dress, home life, etc) please let me know.  I have all kinds of ideas on things to tell you but I want to make sure I'm chatting about things you're interested in hearing.  I will have some good blogs coming on the weekend after our lunch at Ms. Barbara Abeta's home tomorrow.  Ms. Abeta runs a premiere catering company called Flair and is the Aunt of a colleague of mind back home.  We'll be dressing for the occasion in traditional Ghanian clothes which we have purchased.  I'll be sure to take pictures.

This weekend we also have a trip to Volta region which I understand is quite mountainous.  We'll be drinking some Pom juice (has a natural alcohol content straight from the tree without fermentation) and visiting a monkey sanctuary.  So lots of information coming your way.

I hope you all have a great Thursday...hopefully not too much snow shoveling today for those of you in the far north!

No comments:

Post a Comment